Fleetwood Mac: Property From the Lives and Careers of Christine McVie, John McVie and Mick Fleetwood Limited Edition Catalogue Box Set
JULIEN’S AUCTIONS ANNOUNCES “FLEETWOOD MAC: PROPERTY FROM THE LIVES AND CAREERS OF CHRISTINE MCVIE, JOHN MCVIE AND MICK FLEETWOOD” AN EXCLUSIVE AUCTION TAKING PLACE IN BEVERLY HILLS SATURDAY, DECEMBER 3RD and SUNDAY, DECEMBER 4TH AND STREAMING ONLINE AT JULIENSLIVE.COM
View Auction Results
An auction celebrating three members of the iconic band Fleetwood Mac, that includes the personal items of John McVie, Christine McVie and Mick Fleetwood. This collection represents over fifty years of stage-played instruments, wardrobe, touring gear, memorabilia, jewelry, furniture, and more.
Click to Order Limited Edition Catalogue
A Portion of Proceeds will Benefit MusiCares
Highlights from John McVie’s collection include…
Highlights from Mick Fleetwood’s collection include…
- A 1976 Rumours Photo-Matched Custom Alembic “Continuously Fretted” Stainless Steel Fingerboard Electric Bass Guitar.
- A 1976 Prototype Alembic Series 1 Graphite Neck Through Electric Bass Guitar.
- A Peter Green Gifted 1962 Fender VI Six-String Electric Bass Guitar.
- A Royal Albert Hall Stage-Plated 1960 Fender Precision Electric Bass Guitar.
- A Stevie Nicks Gifted Surfboard.
- A 1953 First-Year Gibson EB1 Violin Body Electric Bass Guitar.
- A 1965 Hofner Club Electric Bass Guitar acquired by John McVie during the Peter Green era of Fleetwood Mac.
- A Rare 1970 First-Year Fretless Fender Precision Electric Bass Guitar.
- A “Songbird” Stage-Played Photo-Matched Ernie Ball Earthwood Acoustic Bass Guitar.
- A Black “Little Lies” Music Video Played Video-Matched 1980s Kramer Ferrington Electroacoustic Bass Guitar.
Highlights from Christine McVie’s collection include…
- The Rumours stage-and album cover-worn hanging balls and signed art print.
- An iconic stage-played Talking Drum.
- A 40-inch Stage-Played Zildjian Traditional Gong.
- A “Bare Trees” RIAA “Gold” Record Award.
- A Bill Clinton Signed Drumhead and Farewell Concert Setlist.
- A Harry Styles Pleasing “Shroom Bloom” Campaign Ensemble.
- A vintage 1967 Peter Green’s Fleetwood Mac Debut “7th Annual Jazz and Blues Festival Windsor” Poster.
- A studio-played DW Collector’s Series Rumours Snare Drum.
- A black felt crow top hat custom-made for Stevie Nicks by Mick Fleetwood with two attached taxidermy crows featuring a wide black ribbon hat band.
- A 1998 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Award.
- A stage-worn ensemble worn by Mick Fleetwood on various tour stops.
- A Rumours photo-matched album cover-worn dress.
- A 1960s stage-played, chopped, and customized touring Hammond B-3 Organ.
- A Stage-Played Yamaha C3 Baby Grand Piano.
- A Yamaha E3 Series Disklavier Electric Piano with custom “Christine F*cking McVie” slipcover.
- A 1969 Christine Perfect Melody Maker “Pop Poll Awards Top Singer” award.
- A circa 1960s stage-used Hammond Leslie Rotary Speaker.
- A stage-and event-worn naavy and green polka dot Thea Porter dress.
- A “Gypsy” American Video Award.
- A black Four Seasons of London hooded coat.
- A stage-played Weltmeister LM-25-12 Bandmaster Accordion.
- A rust-colored, Velvet Blazer worn by Christine McVie to the 1998 Brit Awards.
- A black velvet biker-style “Songbird” patch jacket ensemble stage-worn by Christine McVie during a live concert performance at First Direct Arena, Leeds.
- A pair of black, lace-up Zadig & Voltaire combat boots worn by Christine McVie to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony at Barclays Center on March 29th, 2019 and throughout the 2018/2019 Fleetwood Mac Tour.
- A 2018-2019 “An Evening with Fleetwood Mac” dressing room road case with portable Yamaha Keyboard and accessories.
- A 2018-2019 “An Evening with Fleetwood Mac” tour traveling vanity case.
Formed in 1967, Fleetwood Mac was born out of the British blues revival movement, led by guitarist/singer Peter Green, originally from the legendary John Mayall and the Bluesbreakers, which included other distinguished British rockers of the 60s and 70s, such as Eric Clapton and Mick Taylor among them, and drummer Mick Fleetwood and bassist John McVie, whose surnames would inspire the band’s name.
Making their debut as Peter Green’s Fleetwood Mac at the British Jazz and Blues Festival in 1967, Green, Fleetwood, McVie, and Jeremy Spencer landed their first Top Five hit on the UK Albums Chart in 1968 with their self-titled debut album and charted with their singles “Black Magic Woman” (later covered by Carlos Santana), “Need Your Love So Bad” and their first #1 hit on the UK charts “Albatross,” from their album The Pious Bird of Good Omen
. During this time and throughout the early 1970s, the group’s roster of musicians would shift and sound would evolve towards mainstream rock, with the departure of founding front man Peter Green, and his replacement of Chicken Shack keyboardist and vocalist, Christine Perfect, who would marry Mac bassist John McVie and join the band officially for their fifth studio album, Future Games
After the departure of founding member Jeremy Spencer and many other personnel changes, the group led by co-founder Mick Fleetwood and the McVie’s moved to California in 1974 to put down roots and develop a new sound. In 1975, the band was introduced to the folk-rock album Buckingham Nicks
consisting of guitarist Lindsey Buckingham and vocalist Stevie Nicks. The duo was invited by Fleetwood to join the band and complete the legendary five-person, three-songwriter line-up most known today as the British-American pop-rock band, Fleetwood Mac, who would captivate audiences all over the world and shatter sales records for decades to come.
“Julien’s Auctions is honored to offer this exceptional collection of music history coming directly from the legendary three members of one of the most influential and rock and roll bands of all time, Fleetwood Mac,” said Martin Nolan, Executive Director and CFO of Julien’s Auctions. “These pieces from their storied five-decade career represent the mystique and magic of Christine McVie, John McVie, and Mick Fleetwood, whose renowned musicianship, songwriting, vocal harmonies and camaraderie, have given the world a lifetime of illustrious performances and some of the most beloved and best-selling music ever recorded. We are also pleased to announce that a portion of the auction proceeds will benefit MusiCares, who honored Fleetwood Mac in 2018, as the organization’s Person of the Year, to support the charity’s work providing critical services to underserved members of the music community.”
View Auction Results
This limited box set also provides an opportunity for a special keepsake for your collection.
Customers who purchased this item also bought...
From the Special Collection of Global Icon Janet Jackson
Hollywood: Classic & Contemporary Celebrating 100 Years of Pop Culture History Limited Edition Catalogue
Brace Yourself For Banksy: Modern and Contemporary Art Limited Edition Catalogue
The Apples Limited Edition Catalogue